My Experience With Intranasal Synapsin
What Is Synapsin?
Synapsin is a compounded pharmaceutical nasal spray being used for increasing neuronal function in neurocognitive disorders.
Ingredients Of Synapsin
- Nicotinamide Riboside (form of B3)
- Naturally found in cows milk R
- Neuroprotective effects (esp. in those w low tryptophan levels) R
- Increased neuronal NAD+ pools, thus decrease axonal degeneration (esp after TBI or chronic neuroinflammation) and improve glucose utilization R R R
- Regulation of sirtuin expression, which controls metabolism/longevity R R
- Improves mitochondrial metabolism R
- Technical: ↑NAD+, ↑NRK, ↑NAM R
- Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- Rg3 - 90% Isolated from Panax Ginseng
Benefits Of Synapsin
The point of synapsin is to get these benefits into the brain by easily passing the blood-brain barrier with an intransasal spray.
Thus, synapsin may help regulate NAD+ levels in the brain, something that declines with age and most chronic neuroinflammatory diseases.
NAD+ is important for many cellular processes, including sirtuin regulation, mitochondrial function.
How To Take Synapsin
According to the label, you can take 1-2 nasal sprays per nostril 3-4x per day.
My Experience With Synapsin
The time I took synapsin, I messed up the spray and had red medicine running out of my nose.
The next day I did it correctly...and HOLY SYNAPSIN! - this thing is a nootropic for sure:
- Increased focus
- Increased motivation
- Decreased distractibility
- Boosted cognition
Upon continuous usage days succeeding, I had noticed it quenches any brain fog and keeps me hyper-focused.
The only downsides I used were it can be too stimulating in the evenings and keep me up, it made me feel sometimes slightly feverish (especially when combined with other B-vitamins), and lastly sprayed incorrectly gives my throat irritation.
Synapsin pairs well with my Bright Light Device, but can be too stimulating when used with too much caffeine or nicotine.
Dose/Concentrations Of Synapsin
Intranasal Spray (1 spray = 0.1 ml)
- Rg3 - 2 mg/ml
- Nicotinamide riboside - 50 mg/ml
- Methylcobalamin - 2 mg/ml
I noticed that with the increased energy, I could not pair it too well with strong stimulants (like coffee or too much chocolate) as I would develop some mild anxiety after.
Is Synapsin Safe?
There is no known toxicity or side effects from taking ingredients found in sublingual Rg3/Nicotinamide riboside/Methylcobalamin.
Synapsin is available by compounded prescription only.