Natural Approaches To Prevent Pregnancy
This post will recap some of the problems with modern birth control on the body and give some more natural alternatives.
Basics Of Modern Birth Controls
The progestins bind to the progesterone receptor as well as the other sex hormone receptors (such as androgen and glucocorticoid receptors). R
EE2 just like other estrogenics aren't metabolized well by the body and become excreted via urine. R
It gets into the water supply (tap water - drinking and bathing) since local municipalities don't filter estrogenics out of the water. R
Cities that have high concentrations of people in a smaller space have a higher risk of being exposed to these fake estrogens. R
Oral and hormonal contraceptives:
- Can create sterilization (do I really need a source for this?)
- Can induce seizures R
- Cause nutritional deficiencies R
- Cause hormonal imbalances R R
- Cause sexual dysfunction R
- Decrease bone density R
- Decrease memory R
- Decrease muscle mass R
- Decrease senses of sight and smell R R
- Enhance weight gain R
- Increase blood pressure R
- Increase risk of cancer R
- Increase risk of developing Lupus R
- Increase risk of gallbladder disease R
- Increase risk of STDs R
- Increase risk of stroke (and other forms of blood clots) R R
- Reduce general well-being R
So, the goal here is: not to get pregnant and not have to use a hormonal contraceptive.
And if you wanted to learn about abstinence you probably wouldn't be here.
So let's get to it.
Alternatives To Hormonal Contraceptives
- Cervical Cap R
- Copper IUD R
- Diaphragm (more effective than the sponge) R
- Female Condom R
- Male Condom R R
- Sponge R
Spermicides (such as nonoxynol‐9) are used to kill sperm. R
They are usually combined with barriers (see above). R
Natural Family Planning (NFP)
These methods are also referred to as Fertility Awareness Methods (FAMs).
A chart like this can be used to track fertility.
Supplements While On The Pill
- Contraceptives users preserve their carbohydrate reserves better than non-users during prolonged exercise and could thereby extend time to fatigue. R
- OC users have significantly higher plasma pyridoxal, 4-pyridoxic acid, xanthurenic acid , 3-hydroxyanthranilic acid, quinolinic acid, and nicotinamide. R