Carrots with Arame
- 1/2 cup arame (seaweed)
- 2–3 tbsp. tamari
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 3–5 carrots cut into match stick lengths
- Cover arame with water.
- Soak arame for 10 minutes.
- Boil arame, tamari, and grated ginger uncovered and on low until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the carrots.
- Cover and cook until carrots are slightly tender.
- Remove lid and cook until all the water has evaporated
Collards with Ghee and Garlic
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head collard greens, stems and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat ghee and garlic in a pan at medium heat and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes
- Add collard greens, a pinch of salt, and stir
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add water and cover
- Let collards steam about 10 minutes, until all the water is evaporated or mostly evaporated
- Remove lid and boil freely for another minute or two more until there is no water left
Roasted Cabbage “Steaks”
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Remove the stem and chop the cabbage into discs, about an inch thick.
- Lay slices on a greased baking pan
- Brush both sides of each “steak” with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping each steak halfway through
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice jicama as thinly as possible using a knife or mandoline
- Lay slices on baking sheet and spray with oil using an oil mister
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway
Back To PPIs
Don’t forget to subscribe below and stay beautiful!