Oven-Roasted Asparagus With Brown Rice
This is a tasty and simple one-pan recipe that makes a great side dish!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 clove garlic or 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Melt the ghee in the microwave by heating it in the microwave
- Clean the asparagus and cut off the ends, then cut each stalk in half
- Law out the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic on a baking pan and drizzle with ghee
- Add salt and pepper
- Roast for about 30-35 min, turning the asparagus and mushrooms over around the halfway mark
Sweet Potato Carrot Cake Muffins
These healthy muffins are jam-packed with fiber and vitamins.
- 1.5 cups resistant starch
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (pressure cook beforehand)
- 1/2 cup honey (you may want to add a little more if you think the muffins are not sweet enough)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 apple diced
- 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (the ingredients listed from “starch” to “salt”) and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (the next five ingredients up to vanilla)
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients bowl until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently stir the diced apples, grated carrots, and chopped walnuts into batter.
- Fill each muffin tin equally until all the batter is used up. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick or fork stuck into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Oatmeal Chicken Tenders
These healthy, baked chicken tenders are breaded with oatmeal for extra fiber. They can be a great main course to go with the asparagus recipe above.
- 1 cup gluten free oats (can use resistant starch if lectin sensitive)
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut thinly
- Olive oil in mister
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Grind the oats in a food processor for about 20 seconds until they’re coarsely ground
- Add the nutritional yeast, thyme, salt, and pepper and blend for another 10-15 seconds
- Mist chicken tenders with olive oil
- Coat both sides of the tenders in the oat mixture
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping around the 10 minute mark
Back To SIgA:
Don’t forget to subscribe below and stay beautiful!