uBiome is a bacteria sequencing company.
uBiome compares your bacteria's DNA to others using OpenBiome, a non-profit. They are using this information for the betterment of mankind by working with clinicians to make fecal microbiota transplants easier, cheaper, safer and widely available.
Every sample is barcoded and is scanned by an automated system and handled by robots and because of this they have minimized the number of problems with samples.
uBiome is only $89 (15% off with this link) . Way cheaper than Doctor's Data. They have a 2 week turnaround. Doctor's data is ~$400.
The best part is they will give you the raw data that you can open in Excel and analyze your results.
Should you have your gut bacteria sequenced?
- Changes in normal bowel movements, including constipation and diarrhea
- Changes in the appearance (texture and color) of stools
- Abdominal pains, aches and cramps
- Nausea, heartburn, or acid reflux
- Easily feeling full or loss of appetite
- Anxiety or depression
- Trouble sleeping
- Unpleasant taste in mouth
- Muscle aches
- Lower back pain
- Sexual problems (or reduced desire)
- Body image issues
- Heart palpitations
- Frequent or urge to urinate (or nocturia)
- Brain fog
- ADD (or ADHD)
- Body rashes, red bumps on facial skin and red flaking skin
- Dry mouth
- Frequent colds
- Thyroid issues (underactive thyroid or overactive thyroid)
- Weight gain or loss
- General feeling of malaise
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Stiffness and pain (FM)
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Feeling “wired and tired”
- Stomach cramping
It appears they are changing to "SmartGut" which is a microbiome screening test that uses advanced DNA sequencing technology to identify key microorganisms in your gut, both pathogenic and commensal.
I have emailed them about the differences and subscribing prices. I will post their reply when I receive it.