Biohack To Enhance Your Life And Health
In this post, we will discuss what is biohacking (and what isn't biohacking), as well as 10 (of the many) biohacks I like to use.
What Is Biohacking?
Just to be clear, biohacking IS NOT hacking computers or taking over government organizations, etc.
Biohacking IS optimizing your body & mind through the use of:
- Drugs (and Research Chemicals)
- Lifestyle Factors (including Meditation, Exercise and Body Expression)
Sometimes it is can referred as do-it-yourself (DIY) biology or self-hacking.
My main goal with biohacking is to induce (or change) the genetic expression of my genes (called epigenetics) to improve my health.
This requires rigorous research, double-blind experimentation, and an open mind to gather quantifiable information.
The modern western lifestyle usually supports the opposite of this, so I find it important to try to reduce the harm from this type of lifestyle (SAD diet, no exercise, etc), and change how the body deals with it (how genes express in result to the environment).
10 Of Jacob's Favorite Biohacks
I've explored hundreds of biohacks in order to quantify what works best to optimize my life and continue to try new ones.
FYI: biohacking works better if you do not have any underlying inflammatory conditions, so it is best to work on those as well.
These are some of my favorite biohacks (may change, updated 9.25.17):
- Circadian Rhythm Entrainment (bright light device or sunlight during the morning/day and blocking blue light at night)
- Diet (cycling - intermittent fasting + vegan + keto + low lectin)
- Exercise (High Intensity Strength Training)
- Lasering My Brain
- Lion's Mane
- Priming (15 min visualization meditation) + Body Expression + Shinrin-Yoku
- Super Coffee + Theanine
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
Head over to my checklists to start experimenting yourself. 😊 🔬